Wednesday, August 17, 2005

I So Rock!

I beat the streetcar YET AGAIN! This time, I beat it by a large margin. So large that I was actually IN my apartment getting changed out of my cycling clothes when it went by. Go me! It was actually later than normal getting to the stop where I normally get on, so when I got on my bike at 4:37, there it was. I pulled up in front of my apartment building at 4:57, which I think is the fastest I've ever made it. And I had a headwind the whole way, too. Phew, I'm beat now!

I'm getting ready to go swimming now. It's a lovely day and the E.coli levels are low, so it's all good. Let's just hope the water isn't as cold as last week, though.

As much as I've complained about the heat this summer, I am also very thankful that I have not been rained on while commuting to/from work by bike. That's definitely a plus. Although I don't ride every day, I honestly can't remember it even being close to raining any morning.

Tomorrow is my final day of teaching this week, which is also my final day of teaching until after Labour Day! Woo! How excited am I??? Yowsa! After tomorrow I still have three days of work before I leave for Vancouver, but it will be nice not to have to be "on stage" in the classroom for such a long time. I'm counting the sleeps... (one!)

I caved on my eating a bit today. Not too much, but I had this beef and noodle thing from the Japanese place, which probably wasn't the best choice, plus my regular indulgence of a rice crispy square at 2:30. And definitely not enough water. Barely 1L, I figure. And then after swimming tonight I'm sure I'll indulge in some post-workout nachos, wings and beer. Sigh. I really love food. I'm going to miss it in the fall when I go back to Boot Camp.

Oh, and I almost forgot about all the chips, salsa, cheese, crackers, wine, bruschetta and cake I had on Monday night. But I'm taking a Mulligan on the cake since it was a BD cake and it was home made. Actually, it was two home-made cakes, so I had to have a piece of each. With ice cream. Oh, I'm soooooo bad!

But, the scales still settled at 170 again this morning, so I'm not too concerned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You going swimming in Lake Ontario again? Eeeeeeeew, I just couldn't really...I couldn't, lol.

Sounds like things are going great, La!