Tuesday, August 02, 2005

I'm Blaming the Weather

Day Two in a row without exercise. I know, I know... I had a race on the weekend so I deserve some down time. It's just that I had planned to ride my bike after work but the weather was just NASTY. In fact, there was a plane crash at the airport today. Thankfully, nobody was killed and only 14 were injured. Not that this should rate, but CNN even picked up the story live, so it was a pretty big deal. They believe the weather played a factor in that.

I was actually surprised that the rain held off long enough that I made the 10-minute walk from the office to the parking lot without getting drenched.

My hip is still sore, but not as bad as it was on Sunday/Monday. I called The Marquis (that's the pet name I have for my athletic therapist because I think he secretly enjoys inflicting pain on his patients) to see if he can see me this week. I hope I hear back from him.

The weather is supposed to be crappy again tomorrow so my plans to go for a swim might be foiled. I wanted to swim in the lake but the water quality goes way down when we have rain like we did today. And if there's a threat of lightning, they close the outdoor pool, so either way I'm pooched. I could always swim indoors (blech!).

I'm teaching for the next two days off site, meaning that I won't have access to e-mail, etc. during the day. I hate that!

It's stinking hot again here and I'm in a bad mood. The weather channel is toying and lying to me again by promising cooler temps by next week sometime, but I won't believe that until I actually see it.

Spoke to my bro this evening. He's coming to town for J's BD party this weekend. I was joking with him about a new TV show coming out this fall called Everyone Hates Chris (that's his name). He wants a T-Shirt with that saying on it.

Sorry, no words of wisdom or waxing poetic today. Maybe tomorrow.

No comments: