Tuesday, August 09, 2005

No pain, no... PAIN!

I don't want to jinx anything, but I am feeling next to no pain in my hip right now. Shhhhhh! Don't tell my hip about that, OK? Actually, it wasn't until I was re-reading part of yesterday's entry that I realized that I didn't notice any pain as I carried my bike up the stairs a few minutes ago.

I am still bound and determined not to start running again until Friday, and then I'm only going to do 20 minutes on the treadmill. I don't want to start too soon and risk aggravating the injury and having it flare up again.

As expected, my upper body is in pain from yesterday's workout. It's a "good" pain; one that reminds you that you have pecs, triceps and biceps. I did a gravity workout at the gym this morning, so I got to use my sore upper body muscles yet again. I know it's usually better to rest in between strength sessions, but that's just the schedule at the gym. Tomorrow I'll do legs, but be sure to stay away from anything that aggravates my hip. I actually didn't feel any pain in any of the exercises I did in the Gravity class this morning, so that's good.

The plan for tonight is to do a bike ride (I'm due to leave here in 30 minutes, so I better get changed!). It's STINKING hot here again, but I seem to have acclimatized somewhat. But that still doesn't mean that I want it to stay hot!

No comments: