Sunday, August 07, 2005

Weekend Update

I sometimes dread Sunday nights. It means that Monday is coming and that I have to go back to work. I'm not 100% motivated right now due to all the changes we've had.

Sunday has been weird so far. I actually took a nap from 5:15 - 6:30 this evening. I am not normally a napper, but when I came in, my bed was just calling to me. It's the coolest spot in my stiflingly hot apartment, so lying there was just something I did to cool myself off after being outside all day. Next thing I knew, I was as close to asleep as I can get without risking a good night's sleep. It was actually hard to drag myself out of bed at 6:30, but I forced myself to do it.

Let me back up and recount the events of the weekend:

Friday night:

We all left work early for a going away party for our boss at a local pub. I was in the last group of people to leave at 6:30PM (we'd been there since 3:30). I had a chance to meet up with some friends for dinner and a play, but I opted to walk to the mall downtown to find some last-minute necessities for the wedding I was going to on Saturday.

I was successful in finding what I needed and just went home afterwards. I'd had a few pints of beer, so I was happy to just go to bed early considering I had to get up early on Saturday.

Saturday:

Got up at 6:30AM. Picked my friend KH up at 7:30 and we drove out to Gulliver's Lake for a bike ride. We rode three loops of the normal route, which is roughly 90K (56 miles). It might have been a tad shy of that. We rode for 3 hours and 45 minutes. When we got back to the car, we decided to jump in the lake to cool off. Ahhhhh!

After spending almost 4 hours eating "sports food" we both needed some "real" food, so we stopped at Wendy's on the way home. I had a burger and a salad. Not the best choice, but I had just expended over 1,000 calories, so I felt entitled.

Traffic was bad on the way home, so after dropping KH off and picking up some last-minute grooming supplies, it was 3PM before I got in. I needed some vegging time on the couch, so I put a fresh coat of paint on my toes and relaxed there until almost 4PM. I then I had to shower, dress and be ready to leave for the wedding before 5PM. Again, traffic was nasty trying to get up north to where the wedding was.

The event was lovely and the happy couple looked wonderful. They're both such great people, so I'm very happy for both of them. After dinner, I got back in the car to drive downtown for J's BD party. Have I mentioned how nuts traffic was this weekend? Hideous.

I ended up at the BC's place where we sat out on the deck and had drinks and Hint o' Lime chips, which are PURE EVIL. I could not stop shoving them in my mouth. CdeC (my bro) is in town, so I asked him to walk me to the corner and wait with me while I hailed a cab. I got home and was in bed by 1:30AM.

I deliberately didn't set my alarm, even though I knew I wanted to run in the morning. I really like to have one morning of the weekend to wake up when my body feels like it, but that hasn't happened in a while. I woke around 8:00 and finally dragged my ass out of bed around 8:30. I ate breakfast and continued to veg on the couch until I finally thought it would be a good idea to go out running.

The first few steps I took were very painful and awkward. Not only was my hip painful, but my hamstrings were also tight and painful. I thought, this run isn't going to last very long! I was visibly hobbling as I ran. But after five minutes, things started to loosen up and I was feeling better. I didn't want to overdo things, so I ran at an easy pace and stopped once the pain started to increase. I got my coffee and limped the rest of the way home.

I met up with H and some other people for breakfast a bit later on. I rode my bike down, so when J called and said that she and CdeC were downtown, I just hopped back on my bike and rode down to meet them (about a 30-minute ride).

We just walked around the mall and in and out of shops for a few hours. Finally, we ended up on a patio and had some drinks and munchies. I left them just after 4:30 and rode home. That's when my bed started calling to me.

And now it's gone 7:30 and I have a pile of dishes calling my name... Is it bed-time yet?

No comments: