Tuesday, August 16, 2005

What to post?

I have nothing to say. OK, well, not NOTHING, but nothing interesting or profound or thought provoking. So, I'll simply give you an update of my day.

I didn't get to bed until after 11:30 last night and I had to wear my earplugs - not because of the noisy neighbour(s) that I've had problems with in the past - but because of a fucking CRICKET! It was right outside my window and try as I might, I couldn't locate it or get it to stop chirping! So, in went the earplugs and off to sleep I went (even though I could hear its muffled chirps through the moulded silicone plugs).

I was up at 5:45 and on my bike by 5:58 on the way to the gym. We had a "substitute" instructor for Gravity and I didn't really like her. I like my regular Gwen-Stefani-lookalike instructor better. She'll be back next week, though.

Since I was teaching today (and it was the first day of class), I didn't have time for anything more than the 30-minute class. But considering I rode 20 minutes in and 20 minutes home AND I went for an actual bike workout when I got home, I think I did pretty well. This evening I rode 29K in just over an hour (1:10) and the guy I was riding with pushed the pace pretty hard. I got well into the red zone on part of one lap when my HR got up to 165 (my max on the bike is 177). Normally, I don't let it get over 157 or so. But the good thing is that I didn't feel too much of the pain I'd brought on myself from my weekend bike ride. We'll see how the ol' quads and calves are tomorrow!

The plan for tomorrow is to ride into the gym again and try to do 30 minutes on the elliptical. I haven't done anything remotely resembling running since last Friday's treadmill run, so we'll see how the hip is feeling. I don't notice anything while walking, so that's all good. Honestly, I'm ITCHING to run (which is weird for me because running is my least favourite of the three sports), but I think some of that comes from the fact that I CAN'T run, so I feel deprived. It's almost like being on an exercise diet! Ha ha, that's a good one!

Tomorrow evening is open water swim night, so that will be good. Hopefully the water won't be as frigid as last week. Since I missed yesterday's swim, I'm itching for a good swim. And I only have a few days left of actual training for my race since I'm leaving on vacation next Wednesday morning (woo!). And I won't have access to any forms of exercise for an entire week than running, so I may be a little challenged to keep my fitness up in the 10 days before my race. Or, I'll have all kinds of pent-up energy and come blasting out of the gates on race day. Let's hope.

Haven't weighed myself in a couple of days. Last week I was still in the 169-range and I don't expect that there will be any significant difference as I haven't deliberately decreased my calorie intake. One of the things I allow myself is a fluctuation of 2-3 pounds on either side of where I've settled without getting too concerned (or excited). I've only seen 168 once. I don't start to think that things are awry unless I get up over 172. That's my motto: don't get too excited (or worried) about two pounds either way. Now, five pounds, and that's something to celebrate (or worry about - depending on which way it moved). I'll definitely have to weigh myself before I leave so that when I get back I can see if I did any damage going that long without exercising.

Hmmm, maybe I'll weigh myself tomorrow... Just out of curiosity, of course.

'Night, all!

No comments: