Friday, August 19, 2005

Happiness is...

A swim lane all to myself! As much as I hate the production of going swimming, I love it when I get a lane all to myself and don't have to worry about going too fast or too slow - just going my own pace. Now THAT'S happiness! And I didn't even really want to go, but I made a bargain with myself that if I went I only had to do 15 minutes and if I still didn't feel like swimming I could quit. Well, as I knew would happen, once I got in the water I was happy to do the full 30 minutes - especially considering my own personal swim lane! And I had a really great workout, doing 1500m in just under 30 minutes.

We must have had some weird freak storm during the 45 minutes I was inside at the Rec Centre because when I came out the streets were flooded! Puddles in the curb lane were higher than ankle deep! Needless to say, traffic was a mess, so it took me much longer to get to where I was going.

Being the master multi-tasker that I am, I also had my laundry in the car to go to the laundromat after my swim. But after swimming I am always ravenous, so I had to stop along the way and pick up something to eat. And since I was so ravenous, I ate the first thing that appealed to me: Pizza! I drove by my fave pizzeria and it was just calling me name. Thin crust, pesto, sundried tomatoes, mushrooms and Feta cheese. Mmmmmmm.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I managed to get out at lunch and go to the gym. I did the elliptical for 30 minutes (3.6 miles) at a pretty high intensity level, but the best part was, I did it entirely PAIN FREE! I'm feeling very optimistic that I'll be able to run on Sunday. But I promise to be very good and stop at the first sign of pain. Promise!

So now I'm just chillin' on the couch, revelling in a day of accomplishment. It wasn't looking so good when I bailed on my bike ride to the gym/work at the first signs of rain this morning. But things started to pick up once I had that great lunchtime workout.

Plans for tomorrow: Going for a 100K ride with BJH. Well, she's only riding 58K with me and I have to do the other 42K on my own. That's not too bad, I guess. Maybe there'll be someone else who shows up who wants to do the full distance with me.

In the afternoon, J and I are going to see C1rque du S0leil. I bought the tickets months ago and forgot it was this weekend, which kind of sucks because I had planned to go up north for the weekend with my friends. Oh well.

No plans for Sunday yet. Maybe I should start getting organized for my vacation next week. Only 5 more sleeps! Woo!

No comments: